Print this page

Enlarged picture

150 mm howitzer sFH18 - may 1940

The standard German heavy artillery piece was the 150 mm howitzer sFH18, which was a joint product of Krupp and Rheinmetall. The gun was introduced in 1934 and would gradually replace the standard heavy howitzer sFH13 - the Krupp 150 mm howitzer which was also in use in the Dutch army [15 lang 17]. The gun was capable to deliver grenades over 13,300 metre [in 1940]. In 1940 about 1,500 guns were in service. They formed the back-bone of the German heavy artillery battalions.

Category 13 May / Armament and equipment (69 images)